Sustainable Design Committee
The newly-formed Ad-Hoc Sustainable Design Committee aims to promote sustainable design practices within the profession of structural engineering through leadership, advocacy, outreach and education. The primary objectives of this committee are as follows:
- Advocate for the inclusion of sustainable design within the practice of structural engineering
- Advocate for the role of the structural engineer in sustainable design
- Support the formation of sustainable design committees on the local SEA level and regularly correspond with local SEA committees
- Share/disseminate educational material, white papers, presentations, etc. created at the local level to all SEA Member Organizations, as well as materials produced by complementary organizations
- Partner with complementary organizations such as the SEI Sustainability Committee to share information, develop best practices, and coordinate activities
- Advocate for the structural engineering community with respect to policy and code development
This committee is actively seeking new members.
To be considered, email Kelly Roberts at the email below.
Committee ChairKelly Roberts Walter P Moore & Associates
Contact via Email
Skidmore Owings & Merrill