Sustaining Member Spotlight
NCSEA Sustaining Member companies are structural engineering firms, firms that employ structural engineers, or individual professional engineers practicing structural engineering. Benefits of NCSEA Sustaining Membership can be found here.
- Baptist Medical Center - MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Baptist Medical Center - Weaver Tower
- Baptist Medical Center South – Tower C and Tower D
- University of North Florida – Skinner Jones Hall
- University of North Florida – Science and Humanities Building
- University of North Florida - Osprey Dining Facility
- University of Florida – Innovation Hub
- University of Florida – Reitz Union Expansion and Renovation
- University of Florida - Clinical Translational Research Building
- University of Florida - Heavener Football Complex Addition
- University of Central Florida – Interdisciplinary Research and Incubator Facility
- University of South Florida – Patel Center for Global Solutions
MARK A. MILLER, PE, SECB
Structural Engineers Group, Inc. (SEG), provides structural engineering design and consulting services for commercial, educational, healthcare and industrial building projects. SEG has provided high-quality, economical designs for our clients for nearly 70 years throughout Florida and the Southeast. We welcome challenging and unique opportunities to develop effective structural solutions to meet our client’s needs.
SEG evaluates all factors impacting the selection of the most effective structural solution for each project starting with the Architectural Concept and Budget all the way to LEED applicability, as well as construction and schedule restrictions. We pay significant attention to the project design and delivery process with consideration of project planning, construction cost, design document procurement schedules, multi-discipline design coordination, and quality assurance.
With constructability at the core, our effective engineering solutions combine extensive design expertise and experience with the use of current design standards, methods, and software technology in an open collaborative, design environment. We perform all structural design and detailing using Building Information Modeling (BIM) with Autodesk Revit and BIM360 Collaboration. Working in a Structural BIM environment allows us to efficiently identify the structural design aspects while providing a clear, common platform for open coordination and collaboration of the structural design with our clients. Our workflows incorporate BIM with the use of the latest structural design software technology to quickly conclude an efficient, effective structural design solution that is compatible with client’s needs and integrates with other design and construction disciplines.
SEG is committed to providing effective structural solutions that not only work for the primary client, but also considers and works with the client’s design and construction team.
“Engineering Effective Solutions in a Complex World”