Young Member Groups
An NCSEA Young Members Group (YMG) provides a community for young or new structural engineers to interact with their peers while also eliminating the gap between schooling and licensed practice.
Discussions initiated without the pressure of the workplace allow the meetings to generate intense thought and contagious conversations in a comfortable atmosphere. The primary goal of a YMG is to produce more confident, competent and capable young engineers in the workforce.
The benefits of a YMG for young structural engineers and the structural industry as a whole are numerous. They include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A venue for young or new structural engineers to meet, advise, network, and grow together.
- A productive transition from the university setting to licensed engineer is made possible.
- Technical confidence and experience are infused among members.
- Refreshing and interesting discussions and presentations for members in all stages of their careers. either as attendees or volunteer presenters
- An avenue to get involved with your state Structural Engineering Association as well as the national NCSEA organization.
Click here for a link to the NCSEA Young Member LinkedIn group.
Member Only DocumentsUsers must login to the Online Portal to view the following documents.